Mary Crisp Jameson - copyright material







Friday, July 29, 2016

Make America Great by Using National Motto

    I believe that making "America Great Again" by staying true to our national motto is important.
    In the current presidential campaign, Donald Trump wants to make "America Great Again."  On the other hand, Hillary Clinton, in her speech, stated, "Our country's motto is e pluribus unum; out of many, we are one.  Will we stay true to our motto?" 
     I didn't think much about Clinton's interpretation of the motto until I listened to the American Family radio station, and heard what is really the adopted and true current national motto.  After hearing the comments,  I researched it further and found that e pluribus unum  (out of many, one)  was included in the Great Seal of United States when it was adopted in 1782; however, in 1956 the United States Congress passed an act adopting "In God We Trust" as the official national motto.
     I would like Hillary Clinton to know that I would love for our country to stay true to our motto, "In God We Trust."  I am also sure that her false statement of the current motto was refreshing to the atheists who have tried for years to remove any reference to God from our country.   
     I do hope and pray that our wonderful United States of America can be made great again, but this will never happen if we do not put God first, embrace Him, His values and instructions.  
  
2 Chronicles 7:14   "If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and I will forgive their sin and will heal their land."

No comments:

Post a Comment