Mary Crisp Jameson - copyright material







Thursday, April 20, 2017

The Thread

     A Facebook post showed a quilted craft project someone had completed which incorporated special baby clothes from sleepers to t-shirts to special activity clothing.  What a visual scrapbook of clothing threads this was!
     When I thought of the threads that have been sewn into my life, I remembered how my parents knitted the threads of God into my life.  I remembered the threads of events that led me though life with God at the helm.  If I had to do a scrapbook of the thread of events in my life I would have a difficult time ever completing this project, for I would have to admit that God has shown up in my life even when I have not known it. 
     In fact, God has shown up and been faithful from the beginning of the Universe through time and still shows up today.  He is constantly weaving and knitting the threads that tie and connect His people to Him.   
     When we accept Christ, He rips out the threads of our sin.  He then stitches in new threads and seals them with the Cross.

Colossians 2: 12-15 " When you were dead in your sins and in the uncircumcision of your flesh, God made you alive with Christ. He forgave us all our sins,  having canceled the charge of our legal indebtedness, which stood against us and condemned us; he has taken it away, nailing it to the cross.  And having disarmed the powers and authorities, he made a public spectacle of them, triumphing over them by the cross."


 

No comments:

Post a Comment