Mary Crisp Jameson - copyright material







Saturday, February 10, 2018

Trivia

     While reading Nehemiah 12 this morning, I paused to re-read verse 46, (NLT) "The custom of having choir directors to lead the choirs in hymns of praise and thanksgiving to God began long ago in the days of David and Asaph."  How could I have missed this until today?  What a great trivia question! 
     In order to verify this New Living Translation, I looked up the King James version, "For in the days of David and Asaph of old there were chief of the singers, and songs of praise and thanksgiving unto God."  Next, I looked up the New International Version,  "For long ago, in the days of David and Asaph, there had been directors for the musicians and for the songs of praise and thanksgiving to God."
     Don't ask me why trivia came to mind, but it did.  This led me to pull up a scriptural trivia quiz.  Having never been good with trivia, I was surprised when I got the first 2 quizzes of five questions correct, but the quizzes kept getting harder, so I quit after missing all of the next 2 sets.   
     No wonder I missed a few, for example:

Isaiah tells us to make straight what in the desert to prepare the way of the Lord?
  1. Street
  2. River
  3. Highway
  4. Interstate
     My logical mind ruled out all but river because, back in that day, there were no streets, highways, or interstates.  Wrong answer!  Isaiah 40:3 "The voice of him that crieth in the wilderness, Prepare ye the way of the Lord, make straight in the desert a highway for our God."

Here's another:
What does the Lord tell Isaiah he will plant in the wilderness?
  1. The Cedar
  2. Shittah tree
  3. The Myrtle
  4. Oil Tree
  5. All of the above
I did not have a clue, but I guessed they had Olive Oil, so I selected Oil tree.  Wrong answer, again.  Isaiah 41:19 "I will plant in the wilderness the cedar, the shittah tree, and the myrtle, and the oil tree; I will set in the desert the fir tree, and the pine, and the box tree together:"   Correct answer, "All of the Above."  Who knew? Certainly not me. 

Stay tuned for more trivia to come ...
 

No comments:

Post a Comment