Mary Crisp Jameson - copyright material







Sunday, January 1, 2012

New Year's Resolution

As I opened up a new calendar for 2012 I found it to be blank.  I quickly filled it with all the birthdays I needed to remember for the year.   Like most people, I start out doing really well remembering to send cards, but, then as the year moves forward, I gradually forget the cards.  It is the same with New Year’s Resolutions.  Yet, we should never stop making them.  We should just strive to do better each year.  Time moves forward, and, like my co-author said in his blog, Humor 4 A Purpose, no matter how old I get I have as much time as I have ever had - the time is now!  As I think on resolutions this year I would like to make mine about God and others and not just about myself.   Only by taking the "I" out can I develop a good recovery program for 2012.  So here goes:
R ead God’s Word daily
E mit a positive attitude every day
S eek to be less self-centered
O ffer support and help to those in need
L isten to what others have to say
U plift those with needs to God
T une in to the good that happens and not dwell on the bad
I ndulge in a special time to talk with God
O ffset problems by having a grateful heart
N ightly count my blessings
S low down, be Still, and Smile

No comments:

Post a Comment