Mary Crisp Jameson - copyright material







Sunday, March 2, 2014

Bluebirds


     I enjoy watching the bluebirds feed their young and have had the opportunity to watch a rare and long-awaited moment when the newborns leave their nest.  For those who wait and watch long enough, you know that it only takes one flight and, in just a few short minutes, they are gone. 
     The baby birds depend upon their parents to cover them with the warmth of their feathers as they snuggle in their nest.  They rely upon  them to stay busy gathering worms throughout the raising season in order to provide them with food and nourishment. 
     Some of the newborns fly out of their nest with strong wills and rapidly disappear among the tree tops.  Some take a little coaxing and fly weakly to the ground only to be encouraged to spread their wings and take flight.
     Most of us find refuge and protection, much the same way,  in the comfort of our homes as we grow into adulthood.  Our parents cuddle, love, feed, and protect us.     Families are bonded together because of that love
     God tells us that He will do the same.  When our souls dwell in God we are secure.  “He that dwelleth in the secret place of the most High shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty,…He shall cover thee with his feathers, and under his wings shalt thou trust: his truth shall be thy shield and buckler….  Thou shalt not be afraid for the terror by night; nor for the arrow that flieth by day: …Because thou hast made the Lord, which is my refuge, even the most High, thy habitation… For he shall give his angels charge over thee, to keep thee in all thy ways.”  Psalms 91:1,4,5,9,11
     My parents are no longer around to protect me and advise me, but I take comfort in the fact that I was adopted into God’s arms of protection and His family when I accepted His plan of salvation.  I take comfort in the security of knowing He has placed His angels in charge over me.  If I should spread my wings in my own strong self-will, I will still have a God who will continue to love and protect me if I will only call upon Him. “He shall call upon me, and I will answer him:  I will be with him in trouble; I will deliver him, and honour him. With long life will I satisfy him, and shew him my salvation.”  Psalms 91:15-16.  

No comments:

Post a Comment