Mary Crisp Jameson - copyright material







Thursday, September 11, 2014

Have A Little Talk

     My previous blog was about a conversation between Adam and Eve, which is basically the same conversation that has been repeated through the generations.  Today I thought about yet another conversation-one which fits a lot of us in so much of our daily lives.   We all like to have a little talk with someone we love.  Couldn't that also be turned around? 

     Having worked all day, I was tired.  It was early to bed for me.  As I turned off the light, I heard my companion and best friend quietly say, “Don’t you want to talk awhile. We really have not talked much today for you have been too busy.” 
     Trying to brush it aside so I could close my eyes, I replied, “I really want to, but could we do it in the morning?”  Not waiting for an answer, I quickly rolled over and went to sleep. 
     As usual, I woke a few hours later and was having trouble going back to sleep.  I thought, “Maybe I could say a few words so I rolled over and whispered,  “Are you awake?  And can we talk now?” 
     “Of course, I am always here waiting for you to take time to talk with me.” 
     It was dark and I couldn’t see.  Not wanting to fully wake up, I never even opened my eyes.   Sluggishly, I offered a few bits of what was on my mind, never thanking Him for staying awake to hear what I had to say, much less listen for an answer or sense His presence, for soon I was fast asleep.
     The next morning as the alarm sounded, I tapped it off and dozed some more.  Then suddenly it was late. Much too late!  I sprang from the bed to dress for work.  Running out the door, I muttered, “Sorry, we didn’t talk this morning. We’ll do it later.” 
     “Any time,” I heard a voice, so understanding, quietly say, “I’m always here.”
     The day was busy with no time to stop and soon, here again, time had rolled around and the bed was looking good.  I crawled back in, flipped off the light, pulled up the covers and heard, “Don’t you want to talk?  I have been patiently waiting for you all day?” 

     If the shoe fits, we should be ashamed for we should come before God,  humbled and on bended knee, giving Him quality time in the morning, during the day, and last thing at night.  God is so ready to give us His love, direction and protection.  He has already given us His Son! 

      

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment