Mary Crisp Jameson - copyright material







Sunday, September 27, 2015

Prayer of Jabez- Deep Down in Me

     Ever since I read the book, The Prayer of Jabez written by Bruce Wilkerson, 1 Chronicles 4:10 has become one of my favorite verses. 
     Below, I attempted a poetic prayer along the lines of Jabez's request. 

      Deep Down in Me

Plant your truth down deep in me
 To live a life of faith that all may see.
Keep me humble, bowing, on my knees;
  Soothe my soul, O Lord, please!
 
As I totter on the rugged edge
  I ask, a protective wedge.
Transform my sinful ways, deeds, desire-
  Deliver me from the fire.

Plant your truth down deep in me
  For victory, surrender, glee;
Keep me strong- away from sin;
  Your strength and love within.

As I struggle giving mercy
  I ask, a pardon- forgiveness from thee;
Transform my weakness, human fault, jealousy-
  Guard me zealously.  

Let me not cause harm or hurts;
 Keep away power the evil one asserts.  
Give me a gospel to honor you;
 Make me thoughtful through and through.

Plant your truth deep down in me;
  Set me free.
Bless me Lord with what abounds
 Until your trumpet sounds. 
                      Mary Crisp Jameson

 1 Chronicles 4:10 
And Jabez called on the God of Israel saying,
“Oh, that you would bless me indeed,           
And enlarge my territory,                                   
That Your hand would be with me,
And that You would keep me from evil,              
That I may not cause pain!”                               
So God granted him what he requested.

 

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment