Mary Crisp Jameson - copyright material







Tuesday, October 25, 2016

Fear

     Fear seems to be a natural occurrence in the heart of anyone who anticipates danger, faces illness, or unknown circumstances.  I have to remind myself continually about releasing my fear to the One who is in control.   To do this I have to return to scripture:   

John 14:27   " Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged, for the Lord your God will be with you wherever you go.”

Psalm 23:4 "Even though I walk through the darkest valley, I will fear no evil, for you are with me; your rod and your staff, they comfort me."

Psalm 34:4 "I sought the Lord, and he answered me; he delivered me from all my fears."

Isaiah 41:13 "For I am the Lord your God who takes hold of your right hand and says to you, Do not fear; I will help you."

     I know that God alone can give me peace when I lift up my voice to Him in prayer.  I don't have to remind myself of God's peace through scriptures.  All I have to do is pray to find it; however, the following are some of my favorite scriptures of his promises.

John 14:27 "Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid."

Philippians 4:7  "And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus."

1 Peter 5:7 "Cast all your anxiety on him because he cares for you."

     As I sit here in "A Friendly Shade" and face an unknown situation which recently cropped up in my life, I find myself relying more and more on my God who sent His only Son to die on the cross for me.  If He loved me that much, how much more will He do to keep me and my loved ones from harm?   My peace comes from Him.  He is the living presence in my heart; His peace truly "transcends all understanding." 

      If anyone does not know the God of peace, you can find Him through accepting Jesus as your Savior.  John 3:16, "For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life."

 

   

No comments:

Post a Comment