Mary Crisp Jameson - copyright material







Tuesday, February 2, 2021

How Long?

      During these times of the rapidly spreading virus, rioting, and division among Americans, there is a reference to 2 Chronicles 7:14 which states, "If My people who are called by My name will humble themselves, and pray and seek My face, and turn from their ways, then I will hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin and heal their land."  Many Christians are asking for this promise to be fulfilled, yet we are still putting into law murder against our babies.  Many wonder "How long, O Lord!"

How Long

How long, O Lord? I cried,
And He replied, 
"As long as it takes to accomplish My will, 
But I will be with you still.
As long as it takes for you, in faith, to turn to Me
So I can lovingly set you free.
As long as it takes for you to turn from your wicked ways
And follow me all of your days.
As long as it takes to break your stubborn pride, 
Yet, I will be forgiving by setting your sins aside.
As long as it takes for you to die to self
And stop setting Me upon a dusty shelf.
As long as it takes for you to turn to me in prayer,
Knowing, I am everywhere.
I am the oxygen within your breath;
My presence is in the air,
For I greatly love and care."
"How long, O Lord?" again was my reply.  
"How long?" I repeated with a sign.
I just had not heard what my Savior said
As I trudged rebelliously ahead.
"How long? How long/"
As I turned wearily from my God upon His throne.  
                                            Mary Crisp Jameson 



No comments:

Post a Comment