Mary Crisp Jameson - copyright material







Friday, November 25, 2022

Give Thanks

      Although Thanksgiving is squeezed in between Halloween and an overlapping of early Christmas decorating and shopping, lets not forget that Thanksgiving is a very special time of the year when families gather to give thanks together.  Let us, also, not forget that giving thanks is a year-round activity.  

     This Thanksgiving I did not start to clean the leaves from the yard.  I wanted the fall color to lay around.  I wanted the season to feel like Thanksgiving.  I did not start to play Christmas music or start any Christmas decorating because I did not want to overlook the Season of Thanksgiving.  I simply looked forward to quality family time with loved ones I had not seen all year.   Along with good food and lots of it, my family did enjoy a good time together with much thanks for the blessing through the year.  Following is my praise and thanks to God.   

    In Everything Give Thanks

I have riches untold
Far beyond gold;
Not money in banks
But much in which to give thanks.
There is the sovereign Father
Protecting when tempests gather.
I’m adopted by the One in charge-
The One over the world at large.  
Then there is my Jesus;
A Treasure come to give me life,
To rid me of worry and strife,
To help me flourish, thrive, and survive.
Shifting through my gift of gold, 
I find a happy soul.  
I find a living Spirit
Among the treasure I inherit.
I give thanks!
I give praise
To the Father of my days-
The One who gives me riches, a gold mine, 
A sturdy supporting Vine.
I give thanks for my permanent place;
Riches by His grace.
In everything, thanks I give,
‘Cause my Savior lives.
 
Mary Crisp Jameson. 11/24/2022
 
“Give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God’s will for you in Christ Jesus. 1 Thessalonians 5:18 NIV

No comments:

Post a Comment