Mary Crisp Jameson - copyright material







Thursday, January 5, 2017

Timing

     In the final days of the first week of this new year, I am still reminded of my blog a few days ago on being "too late."  However, my thoughts were taken another direction on the subject this morning as I read In Touch regarding how "timing is critical."  
     I thought back to last year and wondered how many times I missed an opportunity to serve as Jesus did.  How many times did I fail to say, "I am sorry," when I should have?  How many times did I walk past a needy person in need of a simple hot cup of soup or provide a friendly smile to someone having a bad day?   How many times did I fail to ask forgiveness and lost a close relationship?  How many times did I ignore my fellowman when they had lost a loved one?
     Psalms 130:2 cries out, "Lord, hear my voice: let thine ears be attentive to the voice of my supplications."  I know God hears me when I call out to him, yet, how often do I sit quietly in praise listening for His voice?  I should be calling out, to quote In Touch, "God, what would you have me do? God, I am willing to do as you direct."
     The right timing begins with listening and hearing God's quiet nudge.  So today, I pray for a listening ear, a discerning mind, a loving heart, and courage to action. 

No comments:

Post a Comment