Mary Crisp Jameson - copyright material







Tuesday, January 24, 2017

The Heavy Load

     I am sure there are times we all say, "Life's not fair."  Our burdens are too heavy, or others have more.  Yet, how we handle our hardships define our character.  Jesus was a perfect example for His people.  He chose to leave His heavenly Father for us.  He carried a heavy load, and, I believe, He knew about the cross as a very young child.  All that He did, He did for us.  He could have said, "I don't want to do this.  It is not fair that I have to die for others."  But He didn't. 
    
    The Heavy Load
 
The cross, a heavy load;
  In Him, a promise abode.

 Born with no bed to call His own,
  A King, without an earthly throne;
A babe, in flight, among the multitudes,
  A child, Herod sought with fortitude.
 
The cross, a heavy load to bear,
  but God was with Him there.
 
The Son, baptized, yet tempted;
A heart Satan couldn't break or empty.
A teacher, wandering the land,
 scorned by those who knew not God's plan.
 
The cross, a weight, a heavy weight
  for the One, so great!
 
A man praying alone in Gethsemane,
  "Let this cup pass from me."
A soul sorrowful until death,
  asking God's will with labored breathe.
A Savior, denied, rejected by the world;
On His shoulders our sins were hurled.
A man upon the cross, opening up heaven's gate
  to seal the believer's fate. 
 
Oh yes!  The cross, a heavy load to bear,
  but God was there. 
                                      Mary Nell Jameson
 
           God is here for us, too, if we will just call upon Him and place our trust in Him.  One of my favorite chapters is Psalm 23.  "The Lord is my shepherd;...Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me...."
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment