Mary Crisp Jameson - copyright material







Friday, May 13, 2011

Inspirational Christian Poem

This comes a week after Mother's Day, but, as I rest underneath my "friendly shade," I think of my Mom and what she meant to me.  I often wish I could just pick up the phone and give her a call. but I know she is resting in God's embrace, and that means all the world to me.  The next best thing I can do is honor her with the following poem. 

In My Mother’s Eyes   

In my mother’s eyes I was a blessing to be unwrapped;
In my eyes she was the one who gave me life and helped me adapt.

 She is no longer with me these days,
But my mother left a special gift.
 She raised me to know Jesus and His mighty ways;
She taught me where to look when I need a lift.

My mother and I had special ties; 
In her eyes I was an extraordinary child.
That’s the way I am in God’s eyes,
For when I was born, I believe, He smiled.

In my mother's eyes I was the rose that held no thorn;
In my eyes she was the one I ought to adorn.

She watched over me through my growing phase.
I remember how she taught me right from wrong;
How she read and studied her Bible throughout her days;
  How it helped through trials to make her strong.

Although I tested her patience; she kept her calm.
That was my mom!
She never thought, “Why bother?”
My mother still loved me in her heart.
I share this same knowledge with my Heavenly Father;
He’s always willing to give me a fresh new start.

 In my mother’s eyes I was the one who stood apart; 
In my eyes she was a complicated work of art.

My mother is no longer with me this day.
When I miss and long to hear her voice,
I hear my Lord say, “Talk to me. I’m here to stay.”
Like Mom, He listens, gives hope and helps me rejoice.

 In my mother’s eyes she saw a child of Christ;
In my eyes I saw a mother’s sacrifice.

  She left me a legacy, a gift, to carry throughout my days. 
It didn’t come wrapped in fancy ribbons and bows;
It was the simply act of her worship and praise,
For the Lord who died for me. And then, He arose! 
                                                       Mary Crisp Jameson
Favour is deceitful, and beauty is vain: but a woman that feareth the Lord, she shall be praised.” 
Proverbs 31:30

No comments:

Post a Comment