Mary Crisp Jameson - copyright material







Sunday, August 21, 2011

Blessings

"What if you woke up today with ONLY the things you thanked God for yesterday."  Quotes like this should make a person stop and think.  We have so many blessing every day; some we don't even realize.  How many do you thank God for at the end of the day?    
Why Me?
 I counted once, then counted twice;
What was this in black and white?
I simply had to count them thrice;
The blessings I can recite. 
How could it be! What could I say?
They’re not deserved!
Too many I counted this day;
The blessings that I observed.
I cannot explain;
I don’t know why!
It muddled my brain,
The blessings I cannot deny.
Those blessings I counted thrice;
They overwhelmed me,
So I recounted to be precise;
Then stood in amazement and glee.
 No rhyme or reason could be found.
Why me Lord? I don't deserve a single one-
All those blessing on which I expound.
There is nothing that I have done.
It puts my soul in bliss,
To have the blessings you have bestowed.
Please let me not be remiss
To give you the praise as I travel this road.
                                                                                 Mary Crisp Jameson
The blessing of the Lord, it maketh rich, and he addeth no sorrow with it.  Proverbs 10:22

No comments:

Post a Comment