Mary Crisp Jameson - copyright material







Monday, February 20, 2012

Procrastation

     It’s a Holiday!  and I have plans to get so much done outside.  I have already dressed for outside
work, but when I checked the temperature it registered below 40 degrees, much colder here in my Friendly Shade than I expected, or enjoy, when I am doing outside work.  However, the sun is shining and my rationale would be to put off the work until this afternoon when things warm up a bit.  Sounds logical to me, but it is also procrastinating, and my list to things to do will not get completed. 
     We all like to procrastinate.  We allow distractions to prevent us from accomplishing goals and plans.  If I think about and avoid any excuses, all I really need to do to complete my projects today is put on a coat.  There are all kinds of options available to overcome distractions so we can accomplish more for ourselves and for the Lord.  
      David did not allow the massive size of Goliath to distract him from winning a victory.  On the other hand, the Israelites allowed the giants in the promised land to distract them.  Because of their fear and lack of faith they wandered for forty years.   We can always overcome distractions by putting on the cloak of confidence and faith.  In other words, dress for the occasion knowing that God goes before us.  Do not be found saying, “I’ll do that when….”
     This all being said, I am about to put on a coat and get to work, hoping that I will warm up quickly and need a "Friendly Shade" soon. 

No comments:

Post a Comment