Mary Crisp Jameson - copyright material







Sunday, April 15, 2012

A Glad Heart

     Sometimes in my friendly shade there are feelings of rejection or loneliness, a stirring of things left undone, or even a mood leading to depression, but yet there is a feeling, even in dark moments of thought, that there is a purpose to life. 
     I have heard people say, from time to time, things like, “Life sucks.”  We all have some moments like that but, for me, there is always a purpose.   Life is not all about “me.”   When I take the “poor pitiful me” out of the equation my life develops a change.  If I can’t necessarily find joy for my myself at the time, I  can, by all means, share some joy.  Maybe just a smile will shed some light into the heart of someone that needs a smile, just at that moment.  When life has me down, I say, get up, wipe the cobwebs of “me” out of my mind, and do something constructive; do something for a fellow friend; do something for a stranger in need. 
     Anytime life has me down, it’s time to start a new chapter; become a new me.  “This is the day the Lord hath made; rejoice and be glad in it.”  I must look forward to the day and what can be accomplished.  “So what?” if nothing special happens!  It was a God given day for the one He created- a day for “me” – a day to be cheerful and thankful, a day to share tears or laughter with a friend, a day to show love toward another, a day for prayer and drawing closer to my very best friend- the one who died for me.   Let my prayer be:
Let joy fill my day
Without malice in any way.
Allow my smile to fill a heart
So someone’s sadness will depart.
Take away my thoughts of “me”
So worldly desires will simply flee.
Let me look to you O’Lord
And be of one accord. 
Let joy flood my days-
For that I give you praise.  



No comments:

Post a Comment