Mary Crisp Jameson - copyright material







Sunday, May 13, 2012

Mother's Day

I was doing a reuphostery job on a chair for my daughter yesterday which left me no time to sit and ponder my blog for today.  This was my very first attempt at such an over-whelming task, but I was enjoying the challenge, and to be perfectly honor, aside from a few mistakes here and there, it was coming together rather nicely.  My husband came in to view the project and said, "I guess you would "walk on water" for your daughter."  My answer was, "That's what mothers do."  And there it was! My blog for the day as I thought then about my own mother and all the projects she did for me.  So I decided, what better to blog about than the poem I wrote last year for my very own mother? 

In My Mother’s Eyes 

 In my mother’s eyes I was a blessing to be unwrapped;
In my eyes she was the one who gave me life and helped me adapt.
  
 She is no longer with me these days,
But my mother left a special gift.
 She raised me to know Jesus and His mighty ways;
She taught me where to look when I need a lift.
  
My mother and I had special ties; 
In her eyes I was an extraordinary child.
That’s the way I am in God’s eyes,
For when I was born, I believe, He smiled.

In my mother’s eyes I was the rose that held no thorn;
In my eyes she was the one I ought to adorn.  

She watched over me through my growing phase.
I remember how she taught me right from wrong;
How she read and studied her Bible throughout her days;
  How it helped through trials to make her strong.

 Although I tested her patience; she kept her calm.
That was my mom!
She never thought, “Why bother?”
My mother still loved me in her heart.
I share this same knowledge with my Heavenly Father;
He’s always willing to give me a fresh new start.

In my mother’s eyes I was the one who stood apart; 
In my eyes she was a complicated work of art.
My mother is no longer with me this day.
When I miss and long to hear her voice,
I hear my Lord say, “Talk to me. I’m here to stay.”
Like Mom, He listens, gives hope and helps me rejoice.

In my mother’s eyes she saw a child of Christ;
In my eyes I saw a mother’s sacrifice.
  
  She left me a legacy, a gift, to carry throughout my days. 
It didn’t come wrapped in fancy ribbons and bows;
It was the simply act of her worship and praise,
For the Lord who died for me. And then, He arose!
                                                                                      Mary Crisp Jameson

No comments:

Post a Comment