Mary Crisp Jameson - copyright material







Sunday, June 17, 2012


It’s Father’s Day! - A day of remembrance for those of us who no longer have their dad to hug.  Yet nothing can take away the memories we cherish.  I, for one, am so thankful I have those memories but even more thankful that I have  a Heavenly Father who never leaves my side. 

 My Father

From the beginning,
You planned my life.
When I cried,
You smiled, held me close,
And never left my side.  

All along the way,
You did what a Father does the most;
Directing my course
Through the circumstances of my years.  
You did it with a guiding, fatherly force.

When I fell down, you picked me up.
You lifted my spirit and dried my tears.
When I rebelled, you loved me still.
When I struggled for independence,
   you let me try my own self-will.

From the beginning,
You waited for me to be in attendance;
All the while, providing a light to shine the way.
Never once did you ask for more
Than to be loved, in return, each day.

What more can a Father do?
Mine did so much more!
He gave me the keys to a heavenly door. 

No comments:

Post a Comment