Mary Crisp Jameson - copyright material







Friday, July 27, 2012

Who Has Your Back?

"You spend years wishing your parents would get off your back, only to realize they're the only ones who ever really had your back." What an amazing quote and how true! All those years of obeying my parents’ rules is what established my standard of conduct. They steered my course and even disciplined along the way. They laid the direction for my life. No one, here on earth, had my back better than my parents.

Yet, from the beginning of time God, also, has “had my back.” Before I was even born, He planned my life; He formed me into who I am. Every hair, He has counted. Most, of all, He has promised, “I will never leave you or forsake you.”

When parents are gone, when friends have moved on, when there is no one around to share my sorrows and burdens, there is always God. When I stray, He pulls me back. He gives me direction. He may even apply some discipline to turn me onto the right path. He is always available. God truly “has my back.” Who has yours?

No comments:

Post a Comment