Mary Crisp Jameson - copyright material







Saturday, May 18, 2013

Popular Phrases For My Walk With God


     As I sit underneath my “Friendly Shade” and wondered what I would write about for God, I decided to try my hand at using common, popular phrases just to see how they would apply to our walk with God.  Below are a few I came up with: 

When God gave us beauty on earth, it was “only the tip of the iceberg.”
When He promised us an eternal home, it goes “beyond our wildest dreams.”
When God inspired the written Word, He gave us the greatest Book ever written, “hands down!”
When He promised never to leave or forsake you, He meant He’d never leave you “high and dry.”
When God asked us to seek Him, He never meant it to be “a hard pill to swallow.”
To witness for God, we must be willing to “go out on a limb.”
He’ll return in the blink of an eye just like “greased lightning.”
We don’t have to see God, we know He lives within our hearts.  It’s more than “a gut feeling.”
When you see heaven, it will “knock your shoes off.”
To love God is a “no brainer.”
God is our Savior, and that’s “no ifs, ands, or buts.”
We are asked to believe in God, “no questions asked.”
You don’t have to be the “sharpest tool in the shed” to know God exists.
When you reach heaven, you will be “on cloud nine.”
When you seek God, you will be “on the same page”  with Him.
Love God, and you will be “seeing eye to eye.”
When you follow God’s Word, troubles will disappear “easy as pie.”
It you deny God, it will be like  “ships passing in the night.”
When God returns I pray for those that get “the short end of the stick.”
When you seek riches and fame and leave God out, you will be seeking “fool’s gold.”
When you have God in your life, you won’t be “in a pickle” when troubles come your way.
When you don’t seek and wait for God’s direction, you may be “jumping the gun.”
When God returns for His people, “the jig is up.”
When you feel your “back is to the wall,” seek God and “keep on trucking!”
Bring up your children in the admonition of God, and you’ll be proud when people say, “Like Father, like Son.”
Believe in God with all your heart and “play for keeps.”
Read God’s Word every day; give Him “quality time.”
With God in your life, you will be able to “roll with the punches.”
Be careful who you follow in life, and it won’t “rain on your parade.”
Be strong in your Christian walk, “talk the talk and walk the walk.”
They say “you can’t judge a book by its cover,” but I say, people recognize a strong Christian walk with God, and you can "judge a book by its cover."

     I could go on and on but I must end with one last comment.  I am so very thankful that I had Christian parents who brought me up in the church, and I am not lost out in the world seeking something I cannot find like a “needle in a haystack.”  I am so glad that God does not require that I "walk a mile in His shoes."   All He asks is that I "accept and believe!"
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment