Mary Crisp Jameson - copyright material







Saturday, September 21, 2013

Anniversary

     It is my anniversary, and I have put up with it for 17 years… kindness, patience, endurance, and a God fearing character.  What more can I say?  Oh, yes- I have been blessed!
     I have to admit, my husband does not make beds.  He does not dust furniture or my doo-dads. He does very little to no cooking, but he does do dishes, vacuum, and take out the garbage.  He may sit in a chair while I shop, but he does take me shopping.  I believe you call that patience.  He is  retired and while I still have to crawl out from under the covers to get dressed for work, there is seldom a morning when he does not compliment me before I leave for work.  Anger is not a part of his character.  I could count the times I have seen him even semi-angry on five fingers, never going past my first hand.   The time my jealous dog and him had a stand-off in the hallway, just after we got married, does not count.  When I express a concern, he is never embarrassed to pick up my hand at that moment and pray with me. I do not remember ever hearing him say an unkind word about anyone. 
     The best way to describe my 17 years with my husband would be to simply read 1 Corinthians.  My husband meets all of those qualities, and that is what my husband has given me for the past 17 years.
     Thank you Chuck and “Happy Anniversary!”
   
    1 Corinthians: “Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud.  It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth.  It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment