Mary Crisp Jameson - copyright material







Friday, September 27, 2013

Christ In Me

     We all suffer at times from sickness, death, accidental injury, disappointments, and other unnamed problems which seek to pull us down.  As I sit in “A Friendly Shade,” I wondered how anyone without Christ and their faith in Him can cope.  There are no words anyone can say which will give the comfort that the simple presence of God can bestow.   During hard times it is good to “stop” and be thankful for the Christ that lives within us. 

               Christ In Me!

Whatever happens in life, there is hope,
For I know the One who carries me over the mountain slope. 
Though troubles creep in, I have no need to fear.
My Christ is always near.

When dreams vanish and flee, all is well within my soul.
I am assured my God will keep me whole.
If I am tossed and beaten, somewhere there is an open door.
Peace comes in the night for my God goes before.

As disappointments leave me shattered and frail, 
My God will lead me down another trail.  
The wind may push me to and fro,
But my Christ will love and lead where e‘re I go. 

Though I walk through the lion’s den, there is One who delivers me.
He knows, He loves, and He will see.
When I am in complete despair, He is there.
I find Him everywhere; within myself and in the air!

Although my world is broken down,
I look for the One who rejected a crown.
I look for the One who died for me.
I pray for the ones who have no faith; the ones who just don’t see.

When life brings a troubled sting,
I stop to remember there will be a new born spring. 
For Christ is in me.  He lives, He is!
I am loved, valued, and His!
                                  Mary Crisp  Jameson – 9/27/2013

...God is love.  Whoever lives in love lives in God, and God in him. 1 John 4:16b

 

No comments:

Post a Comment