Mary Crisp Jameson - copyright material







Sunday, February 2, 2014

God Loves Because He is God

Have you ever pledged or committed to doing better but found yourself doing the same bad habits?  Isn't it wonderful, that as a Christian, we know we have forgiveness of sin? And that God still loves us?

God Loves Because He Is God

God does not love me because I am good;
He loves me because He is God!
 
 
I am chosen,
Although I am broken.
I am stubborn, polished with a lack of concern;
You’d think one day I’d learn.
I’m disobedient,
Stirred with selfishness, as an added ingredient.
 
 
Yet God still loves even me.
He’ll be with me around the world and across the sea.
 
 
His power sustains throughout each season.
Why? Just what is His reason?
I see His miracles across the land;
Yet I continue with what “I” have planned.
Unwilling to listen, I do as I please;
Still, He waits and silently sends the gentle breeze.  
 
 
God does not love me because I’m good.
He loves me because He is God!
I feel His mercy and His grace.
I feel His mighty embrace.
I love His compassion and protection;
Hopefully, someday I’ll follow His direction.
No matter my weakness,
No matter my lack of meekness,
No matter my behavior;
He remains my faithful Saviour. 
 
 
God does not love me because I’m good.
He loves me because He is God!
                                                        Mary Crisp Jameson – 2-2-2014

For the good that I would I do not: but the evil which I would not, that I do. Romans 7:19

Be sure and check out my Kindle Edition of "Humor With A Cool Drink Of Water."
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment