Mary Crisp Jameson - copyright material







Sunday, June 8, 2014

THE ROCK

     There are a few rocks in "A Friendly Shade" but only one Rock which I never want to remove, for without that Rock, the foundation of "A Friendly Shade" would crumble. 

    THE ROCK
I stand on the Rock,
Solid and secure.
Thou the waves splash high,
Thou the floods swirl nearby,  
He keeps me from being unsure.    
What a mighty force-
The Rock!

He consoles and gives me comfort.   
Thou tears of grief break my heart,
Thou words pierce like poison darts,  
The Rock is my strength and my support. 
Ever tender, ever loving!

The Rock -
Restores me through a tender embrace.
Thou friends lead me astray,
Thou I am left in dismay,
The Rock fills the empty space;
Ever there; never changing!

I stand on the Rock,
Refreshed in spirit and sight.
Thou I fall and stumble,
Thou I complaint and grumble,
My guiding light;
A light calling me from the dark-
The Rock!

He shelters me on solid ground.        
Thou the winds whirl ‘round me,
Thou my life is like the stormy sea,
The Rock surrounds.    
He envelopes, delivers, and rescues me!

I stand on the Rock;
The One who answers when I knock.
The Rock! My fortress! My Armor!
The One who knows my soul and every hair.
Where I am, He is there!
                      Mary Crisp Jameson

No comments:

Post a Comment