Mary Crisp Jameson - copyright material







Monday, March 27, 2017

The Three Little Pigs

     Most everyone, I am sure, remembers the children's story of the Three Little Pigs.  One built his house of straw, the other built his house of sticks, but the third one built his house of bricks.  The big bad wolf came along and blew down the house of straw and sticks, but he could not "huff and puff and blow" down the house made of bricks.
     I tell this story to relate it to 1 Corinthians 3:10-15  "According to the grace of God which was given to me, like a wise master builder I laid a foundation, and another is building on it.  But each man must be careful how he builds on it.  For no man can lay a foundation other than the one which is laid, which is Jesus Christ.  Now if any builds on the foundation with gold, silver, precious stones, wood, hay, straw, each man's work will become evident; for the day will show it because it is to be revealed with fire, and the fire itself will test the quality of each man's work.  If any man's work which he has built on it remains, he will receive a reward .  If any man's work is burned up, he will suffer loss; but he himself will be saved, yet so as through fire."
     This tell me that as a Christian and believer in Jesus, the Son of God, I am to put Jesus first in my life.  Then I am to perform all my work to the best that I can, being watchful to follow the Ten Commandments and apply the scriptures to my daily walk.   This also means I am to love others, put judgmental attitudes behind me, toss away criticism of others, steer away from gossip, and develop quality workmanship.  I am to be respectful, prompt, courteous, forgiving, and appreciative.  God expects me to build my foundation, not from hay and sticks, but bricks of gold and precious stones that cannot be burned.  He expects the best I have to offer both at home and on the job, always ready to share the wonderful story of salvation.  

No comments:

Post a Comment