Mary Crisp Jameson - copyright material







Saturday, March 25, 2017

Bread of Life

Have you had your bread today?

     The Bread of Life

Wherefore cometh my satisfaction;
  my movement to action?
Wherefore cometh my contentment;
  my release from resentment?
Not from the love of man
  who walks this land;
Nor from riches or fame
  or triumphs to proclaim.
It cometh from the Bread of Life;
  from the Living Water;
Jesus Christ, the One who satisfies my hunger,
  my thirst,  though my heart is sad to burst. 
It is He- the Fountain of Water;
The One, rarer by far;
The Spirit resting where heartbeats are. 
The Spirit leading when sins would mar.   
Wherefore cometh my joy and calm?
From faith that I am in His outreached palm. 
                   Mary Nell Jameson

John 6:36  "Then Jesus declared, “I am the bread of life. Whoever comes to me will never go hungry, and whoever believes in me will never be thirsty."

 

No comments:

Post a Comment