Mary Crisp Jameson - copyright material







Monday, August 20, 2018

Glorify God

    I often think, "what can I do for God today," knowing I was born for a purpose.  "How can I be of service, or what good deed can I do?"  My mindset is usually about doing something for others.  I still believe I should do good deeds and serve others, but there are days the opportunity does not present itself.  Then what?  Of course, there is always prayer for others, and there is a whole list of friends and acquaintances who need daily prayers.   God does hear these prayers, and He answers with what is needed and in His time.
     However, I found still another way to please God in my Sunday study of Revelations 4:11, "Thou art worthy, O Lord, to receive glory and honour and power: for thou hast created all things, and for thy pleasure they are and were created."   You might say, a light bulb lite up!  The teacher of our lesson stated it plainly and simple.  I was created by God for God's pleasure.  "What pleases God?"  he asked.   "Praise and worship! "
     So what other purpose do I have?  It is to glorify and praise God.
     "Holy, holy, holy, 
     Lord God, the Almighty,      
     who was, who is and who is to come."  Rev. 4:8b

No comments:

Post a Comment