Mary Crisp Jameson - copyright material







Wednesday, December 11, 2019

Joy of Christmas

     Christmas is about Jesus and being joyful, but to have joy we need to let go of sin.
     Sin as defined is "an immoral act considered to be a transgression against divine law."  And, that divine law is the very Word of God.  Scripture tells us how to act, how to love, how to forgive, how to share, and how to control our speech.  Scripture further tells us much about the results of sin in our lives.
     Yet, have we ever considered what really causes us to sin?  The cause of my sin is "me."  In order to control my sin I have to lend my thoughts away from "me" and toward those things which don't wrap around the "me factor."  Proverbs 30:15 talks about the leech who had two daughters, "Give! Give! they cry."  In other words "Gimme! and Gimme more!"  The "me" factor is the very reason we see greed, cruelty, hatefulness, envy, murder, and unforgiveness in our land. 
     When I live in such a way that life is not about me and dwell on life being about God, my Father, Jesus, His Son and my Savior, and the Holy Ghost who dwells within, then, and only then, do I find contentment, peace, and joy.

No comments:

Post a Comment