Mary Crisp Jameson - copyright material







Saturday, February 22, 2020

Wait

     I have been so blessed throughout my life, but there are always times I worry about this or that.  Yet, God tells us not to be anxious.  I wrote the following as a reminder to take all my troubles to God,  to leave my fear at His precious feet and then wait for His answer.

                         Wait!

Troubled and tried, torn apart?  Take heart!
Pause, listen.  Be Quiet. Absorb heaven's diet.
Wait!
In prayer advocate.
God has not forsaken
  though hallowed fields of life seem shaken.
Stop for a while; be not anxious!
Look to the God who is merciful and gracious.
Hold strong through human wrong;
Be still against other's ill-will.
Troubled and tried, torn apart?  Take heart!
God is the Rock;
In prayer take stock.
Hold fast and firm to God's love and hope
  within vision's scope;
  within life's pre-planned horoscope.
Stop! Wait!
God infiltrates.
Within all troubles, be still.
Seek God's direction and will.
With patience, wait! God knows your fate.
Wait! Pause for the echo of God's planned cause.
                      Mary Crisp Jameson  2/212020  

No comments:

Post a Comment