Mary Crisp Jameson - copyright material







Thursday, March 4, 2021

Continuation on Jealousy

 continued dialogue from 3/3/2021 

We often do not hear what God has to say the 1st time and then often even the 2nd time.  He has to get our attention.  Below is a continued dialogue from yesterday with God. 

Me:  Lord, my own fruit
Is my pursuit.
It does not compare
and hard to watch and bear.
Envy blends into desire;
My heart burns on fire.
Discontent seems my lot,
Having not what I think I ought.
Greed goes before my need.
Pride has cried.
In hopelessness, frozen;
With wealth, others you have chosen. 
I struggle to climb.
O Lord, when is my time? 

God: Listen to My words and what I say.
Let your heart renew-become light and gay.
Be wise not in other's eyes,
Then discontent dies.  
Envy, self-seeking leaves you reeking-
A heart discouraged and breaking.
Look around!
Open your eyes to what abounds.
It's me you resent 
For provisions, to others, I have sent.
Think! You have your own-
Do not groan.
Turn, repent!
Change your mindset,
There are blessings you get.
Again I say, Enjoy your own fruit;
Let me be your pursuit.
Look inward; I am your reward.
Stay in accord.  
I repeat, Focus on me.
Remove your blinding chains and see.  






No comments:

Post a Comment