Mary Crisp Jameson - copyright material







Saturday, August 14, 2021

How To Listen

     I know I am not always a good listener, especially when it comes to what God wants and how He wants me to listen so that I can actually "hear Him."  It is something I have to work on, so I came up with certain traits I need to develop in order to listen to God.  

Reader- I need to read and consult God's Word and remember His commandments 
Consultant- I have to consult the Scriptures
Good Eater- I have to feast on and consume the Word.  Every verse is inspired by God.
Meditator- I need to meditate on God's Word
Prayer- I need to talk to God and stay in-tune to the Father
Obeyer- I need to obey the Word and God's commandments
Submitter- I need to be submissive to God's desire and submit my heart to His ways.
Priority Setter: I need to make God and His Word my priority - let it become a habit

In Summary: Feed-Read-Remember-Submit

and finally: Learn the Word
                   I-n tune to the Father
                   S-ubmit
                   T-hink the Word
                   E-nter into prayer
                   N-otice priorities   

No comments:

Post a Comment