Mary Crisp Jameson - copyright material







Thursday, December 30, 2021

Goals

      It's that time when we talk about developing resolutions for the new year.  I prefer goals over resolutions because my resolutions usually just go by the wayside.  Most would argue that a goal and a resolution are the same but, by definition, they are different.  I firmly believe in setting goals.  A goal gives me hope and something to work toward, and it may take me a number of years or even a lifetime.  Because I classify myself as a dreamer,  I am far less likely to give up on a goal.  In setting goals, I need to rely on what is important: 

     Proverbs 3:21 tell us about two goals.  "Have two goals: wisdom - that is, knowing and doing right - and common sense.  Don't let them slip away."  Then in 1 Corinthians 9:25 we find, "So I run straight to the goal with purpose in every step.  I fight to win.  I'm not just shadow boxing or playing around." Then in 2 Corinthians 10:13, "...Our goal is to measure up to God's plan for us..."  

     With all this in mind, I haven't decided to add to the goals I have already set or just be more determined than ever to work harder on my existing ones.  Whatever the case, "Happy New Year" to all this coming 2022.  

     

      

No comments:

Post a Comment