Mary Crisp Jameson - copyright material







Sunday, December 5, 2021

Who

There are a lot of “who’s” in life.  One famous skit was Who’s On First with Abbott and Costello:

 

Abbott: Who’s on first, What’s on second, I Don’t Know is on third.

Costello: You know the fellows’ names?

Abbott:  Yes

Costello: Well, then who’s playing first?

Abbott: Who

Costello: I mean the fellow’s name on first base.

Abbott: Who

Costello: The fellow playing first base?

Abbott: Who

Costello: The guy on first base.

Abbott: Who is on first.

Costello: Well, what are you are asking me for?

Abbott: I’m not asking you – I’m telling you. Who is on first.

Costello: I’’m asking you – who’s on first?

Abbott: That’s the man’s name.

 

Actually, “Who” can get pretty confusing depending on Who you are talking about or in trying to figure out "who" someone really is.   

 

Who? 

 

Who am I?

An enemy of one or apple of another’s eye! 

Often sweet with a dash of conceit;

Sour as lemon juice for which some have no use!

Sensible, considerate, then cruel and acting a fool;

Obedient but with a rebellious ingredient. 

Happy then sad, living both good and bad!

Who?

Forgiving, but bitter-cold as winter! 

In the living, broken with wicked thoughts unspoken!

Sometimes caring, then in a moment gossip airing!  

Sin within this flesh renews each day afresh.

Absorbed in misery of self and ego, 

Who? 

Is what most wish to know.

Who could love one such as I?

Who will stop and not pass on by?

Who? 

One with a heart set on me;

One observing what no one else can see;

One full of mercy and grace

ready to love my ever-changing face;

One holding nothing back- 

On track, 

Ready to die.

That’s who will love one such as I.

 

Mary Crisp Jameson 12/5/2021

 

“But God, who is rich in mercy, for His great love wherewith He loved us, even when we were dead in sins, hath quickened us together with Christ, (by grace ye are saved).”  Ephesians 2:4-5

 

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment