Mary Crisp Jameson - copyright material







Tuesday, March 22, 2022

Prayer Example

      I often share what someone else has written as a reminder for myself.  In the Morning and Evening devotional the author gives very good examples of a prayer life by showing how Jesus prayed just before His arrest.  It was:

Lonely- No one else was around-others slept 
Humble- He fell to His knees and even face forward
Filial- He prayed to the One, the Father, who was above and higher 
Perseverance- He prayed three times 
Resignation- Finally, "Not my will but Yours."

     When I consider the example of how Jesus prayed in His final days on earth, I am reminded how much He sacrificed for me.  In the flesh, He was lonely, burdened, and even fearful; yet, He was humble, determined, and willing to give His life for me, a sinner, unclean and unworthy.



No comments:

Post a Comment