Mary Crisp Jameson - copyright material







Wednesday, April 13, 2022

Peter Prior to Easter

 Luke 22   

v.54 “…but Peter was following at a distance.”  Do we often follow Jesus from a distance without walking hand-in-hand.  From a distance, I could be caught entertaining strangers- gossip, deceit, fear.

 

v.55 “…Peter was sitting among them.”  (those responsible for Jesus’ arrest) Do we find ourselves sitting among those who do not love Jesus?  What do we do in such a situation?  Do we witness or deny?

 

v. 57 “but he denied it, saying, Woman, I do not know Him.”  Are we like Peter – too fearful to tell others that we know Jesus?

 

v.60 “Immediately, while he was still speaking, a rooster crowed.”  What does it take to wake us to our wrongs – to realize we have sinned?”

 

v. 62 “And he went out and wept bitterly.”  Sin does this to us. But it is not too late to turn around.  Jesus died on the cross with arms opened wide for the repentant heart. He offers forgiveness.


From a distance, I followed 

But I was dry and hollow.

From a distance, I clung to fear,

Unwilling to let Jesus near.

From a distance, I rebelled,

Fearful, my love for Jesus, to tell.

Being distant, I was resistant.

No comments:

Post a Comment