Mary Crisp Jameson - copyright material







Sunday, November 20, 2011

Thanksgiving Blessings

     What better thing to do, while sitting in a friendly shade this Sunday afternoon, than to count my blessings?  Of course, just because it is the Thanksgiving season, this shouldn’t be the only time I  consider all the blessings that have been bestowed up me.
    I was told when I was growing up that if I couldn’t sleep at night to “count sheep.”  Yet, through the years, I have found that I can go back to sleep quicker if I pray for someone that comes to mind or if I count my blessings.  Having a fleshly, selfish nature, it is my desire that I fall back to sleep before I have a chance to pray for too many people or count too many blessings.  For that reason, I sit here now, under my friendly shade, making a list for Thanksgiving praise.  First, I am thankful for my  God, His grace, and my salvation.  I am thankful I was raised in a Christian home with parents that loved me and provided the best for me. 
     I was saved at the age of 10 but never remember a time I was not taken to church.  I wasn’t sent, and it was expected that on Sunday mornings the family would attend Sunday school and preaching services. 
     I am, also, very thankful for my family, my home, my health, my job and the people I have the privilege to work with.  I am thankful for my church family and its leaders.  I am thankful I was born in the U.S.A., and I am thankful for my freedom.  God bless those men and women who fight for our country.   
     While thinking about my blessings I realize they all have come from God.   Everything I have belongs to Him.  
     As Thanksgiving comes and goes, I hope I will be more thankful during the Christmas season.  My prayer is that my Christmas list will not be all about me. 

2 comments:

  1. I AM THANKFUL FOR YOU

    ReplyDelete
  2. and the expectation of attending church continued as I came along and am so thankful for being raised in a Christian home.

    ReplyDelete