Mary Crisp Jameson - copyright material







Saturday, August 4, 2012

Chick-fil-A Episode-Marriage

     I am often disturbed about a lot of things but do strive to stay out of politics and disputes; however, the episode regarding Chick-fil-A which spiked over its owner declaring he believed in marriage between a man and a woman and which led to being un-welcomed in Boston, Philadelphia, and Chicago greatly bothers me.
    I, personally, have several friends who live in a same-sex relationship.   I don’t judge their living standards.  I also have friends that live as man and woman in unmarried relationships.  I don’t judge those living standards either.  They are all good people.  Hopefully, no one will judge my own “errors and omissions”  when I fall short and fail to live by the Biblical Word which, for me, has not changed and will never change.  True, today the world holds different views, but God’s Word is “forever.”  It is never out of date.   
     We find in Genesis that when God said, “It is not good that  man should be alone,” he created a woman. Later, He said, “a man shall leave his father and his mother, and shall cleave unto his wife: and they shall be one flesh.” Time and time again, in the Bible, reference is made about a husband and a wife.  My interpretation of a husband and a wife is a marriage and that is between a man and a woman. 
     I think the point which is missing here is the fact that should two people of opposite sex (man and woman) decide to live together without marriage vows, they do not try to change the law by attempting to eliminate the actual union of marriage.  These people have the right to live together just as two people of the same sex do without trying to change the law.  Others, also, have the right to state that they believe what the Bible says without opposition. 
     Sin is sin in God’s eyes.  He loves all His children, and we are all sinful. 
     There are truly important issues at hand.  Our nation is failing. Our families are failing.  People are without work. Our leaders need prayers, families need prayers, children and school leaders need prayers.  If everyone will begin to study God’s Word and turn to Him for direction this nation can prosper once again.  This nation was founded upon the promises of God and we need to stop trying to change those principles and remember that God’s promises still hold true today. 
    “If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and I will forgive their sin and will heal their land.”  2 Chronicles 7:14

 

No comments:

Post a Comment