Mary Crisp Jameson - copyright material







Thursday, October 18, 2012

A New Armor

A NEW ARMOR

 Take me out of the battlefield
I prayed and appealed!
 
I was shackled and worn-
Beaten and torn;
Then the sun shone through-
A light appeared as the dark sky turned to blue.
 
I was re-dressed-
Given a shield to cover my breast;
A new armor of protection-
A light for direction.
 
I was given victory in the battlefield.
Wounds were beginning to heal;
My chains of weakness disappeared.
The helmet of faith covered my head-
My weariness was quickly shed.
 
Take me out of the battlefield
I prayed and appealed.
“The demons are too strong to bare!”
My shout rang out, and He heard my prayer.
 
He set my feet on solid ground.
His mighty Book was in my hand;
A weapon polished from His word.
I was strong in battle with the sharpest sword.
 
Shackled and worn-
Beaten and torn;
Taken out of the battlefield,
As I had prayed and appealed.

                                              Mary Nell Jameson -10/18/2012
 
 Who is this King of glory? The LORD strong and mighty, the LORD mighty in battle.  Psalm 24:8

 

No comments:

Post a Comment