Mary Crisp Jameson - copyright material







Friday, April 26, 2013

What My Lord Did For Me!

I woke during the night and was wondering how I could praise my God, and bits and pieces of the following came to mind until I could sit beneath my "Friendly Shade" and compose the rest.  I hope all those who read it will use it to praise and thank God for all He planned and did for us. 

My Lord
could have been born in a mansion
protected by a mighty, stone wall.
Yet, He chose to lie in a manager stall
among the cattle and sheep.
A bed of straw was where he fell asleep.   
He did it all for me!
 
 My Lord
could have lived among the rich,
wrapped in a royal robe living in grandeur.
Yet, He chose to walk among the lowly and poor.
He had no home to call His own
when He could have had a footstool and a throne.   
He did it all for me!

 My Lord
could have had a life of leisure,
served with every imaginable, elegant meal.
Yet, He chose to serve and heal.
His feet were dusty and his sandals were worn.
Still He was mocked and His flesh was torn.     
He did it all for me!
 
My Lord
could have died in luxury surroundings.
Yet, He chose a cross.
He let them drive the nails through His hands.
The earth shook and darkness split the lands.
Blood covered His body and fell beneath his feet,
so His salvation plan would be complete.
He did it all for me!

                                                                        Mary Crisp Jameson – April 2, 2013

 

No comments:

Post a Comment