Mary Crisp Jameson - copyright material







Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Plugged In

      As I stroll around “A Friendly Shade”  checking my garden plants for which ones need water, thinning, or lifting up on stakes,  I am plugging into nature and life.   I am attentive to what care has to be taken to insure I grow the best fruits and vegetables.  
   But what about plugging into myself, my peace of mind, and what I need in order to grow?  Getting “plugged in” for the day is sometimes a struggle.  My attempts at rising early in order to get into an established exercise program often go by the wayside.  I find that if I do accomplish a mile or more walk I always feel better when I arrive at work.  However, what makes me feel even better and really sets my day is if I start my waking moments with a prayer.  By giving my thoughts and actions for the day to God, I am preparing myself for a fruit filled day.  Problems I expect to face never seem as bad as expected.  Often they just dissolve and evaporate.   
     Getting “plugged in” for the day keeps me from losing my charge; it helps me to achieve the best fruits for my labor.  Plugging into God is essential to my piece of mind and my character.  Nowhere else but through the Word of God, which has been read, studied, and passed  down through generations by my parents and grandparents before them, can I find the teachings that help me transform and rid myself of my prideful, selfish, and jealous nature.

No comments:

Post a Comment