Mary Crisp Jameson - copyright material







Friday, May 30, 2014

The Patrol

     I often wonder when I am being watched and by whom. One of my worst fears is that I will leave a lasting, bad impression; one I might never have the opportunity to correct. I know from experience that first impressions are very difficult to overcome. My words and my actions are so important. Even the expression I wear on my face leaves a reflective image of who I am and the way I want to portray my life. I never know when a simple smile and a pleasant voice will uplift someone’s day while a gruff voice, a frown, or a discouraging comment opens the door to a poor and negative attitude, not only for me, but for those around me. It only takes a split second for the devil to slip into my mind and create just what he hopes will create an ungodly appearance, a misconception, and a spoiled day.
      I must keep in mind what Satan said in the Book of Job when the Lord asked him, “Where have you come from?” Satan answers, “From going to and fro in the earth, and from walking up and down in it.” Another version says, “I have been patrolling the earth, watching everything that’s going on.”
      Satan is watching and waiting! It is so easy to allow him to enter “A Friendly Shade” and get into my mind, emotions, thoughts, and actions. Although others are watching me, I also know from scripture that Satan is patrolling every moment, trying to destroy any relationship I have with God, and he is trying to control any movement away from the influence I may have in my witness for God and His mighty salvation plan.
      My consolation is that God is more powerful, and God is also patrolling! He is with me if I will just “stop, think, and pray.” God is the One who will keep me on the right path. He is the One who will help cleanse me of my prideful ways, give me courage, and help me become willing to make amends when I slip and allow Satan to intrude into my life.
      I pray, "Lord, please patrol my territory.  Keep Satan' s influence away and walk with me through a friendly shade." 

No comments:

Post a Comment