Mary Crisp Jameson - copyright material







Sunday, October 11, 2015

Heaven and Home

      I jokely call "A Friendly Shade" heaven on earth, but when I really think about heaven there is no way to imagine what it is really like.
     Heaven was created by God as told in Genesis. “In the beginning God created the heaven… and God called the firmament Heaven…” We also know that heaven is God’s throne. Revelation 21:22, “And I saw no temple therein: for the Lord God Almighty and the Lamb are the temple of it.” Again, in Revelations, we are told of a city of “pure gold, like unto clear glass.” It is garnished with all manner of precious stones. Even though we read about heaven and what God has in store for believers, we truly have no concept of what heaven will really be like.
     Some people describe heaven as a higher place, a holy place, or even a paradise, yet Isaiah 64:4 tells us, “For since the beginning of the world men have not heard, nor perceived by the ear, neither hath the eye seen, O God, beside thee, what he hath prepared for him that waiteth for him.
     As little as I know about what heaven will be like or what God has prepared for me I still would like to take my concept of heaven a bit further through the use of an acronym.

H ome - As a believer in Jesus Christ I know that I will be provided with a special place in heaven with God and I look forward to calling that place “home.”

John 14:2“In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you.” 

John 14:3,“And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you unto myself; that where I am, there ye may be also.”

E verlasting lifeI know beyond a shadow of a doubt that I will have everlasting life with God.


John 3:16, “For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

 A ltered state – My life will be so very totally different in heaven.  I will have no worries, fears, sickness, or heartache.  

Revelation 21:3-5a, “ And I heard a great voice out of heaven saying, Behold, the tabernacle of God is with men, and he will dwell with them, and they shall be his people, and God himself shall be with them, and be their God. And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away. And he that sat upon the throne said, Behold, I make all things new.  
V ictory –  Because of my faith and belief in Jesus I will have victory.  

 1 John 5:4-5, “For whatsoever is born of God overcometh the world: and this is the victory that overcometh the world, even our faith. Who is he that overcometh the world, but he that believeth that Jesus is the Son of God?

E ternal rewardThrough the cross and the blood of Jesus I have grace, and there will be a reward for me in heaven, as underserving as it may be.

 

 

Ephesians 1:7, " In whom we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of sins, according to the riches of his grace; 


Revelation 22:12 And, behold, I come quickly; and my reward is with me, to give every man according as his work shall be.


N ew body – I know when I accepted Jesus as my savior I obtained a new body in Christ and can only imagine what restored perfect body God has waiting just for me.

Romans 8:10“And if Christ be in you, the body is dead because of sin; but the Spirit is life because of righteousness.”

2 Corinthians 5:17, “ Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new."

     In ending, regardless of what heaven is like, God's glory will shine forth, and we are commissioned to tell others of Jesus and the home waiting for those who will believe in Him.

Psalm 19:1, The heavens declare the glory of God; and the firmament shewth his handywork." 

Mark 16:15, "And he said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature."  

No comments:

Post a Comment