Mary Crisp Jameson - copyright material







Saturday, October 17, 2015

The Mobile Call 24/7

      Since the evolvement of cell phones, I see people everywhere talking on mobile phones; in restaurants, in the car traveling, and even in the workplace.  We simply can’t “leave home without them.”
     This tells me that most people pick up the phone regularly to either talk with a close friend or family member.  We are either sharing some exciting event or complaining about the frustration of the day.  We simply need someone to listen, to console us, to provide re-assurance, to advise or give agreement. 
    How frustrated do we become when the phone rings and rings yet no one picks up?  Then if we should be so lucky as to have the call answered, I wonder how content and uplifted we really are at the end of the conversation.  If our call gets dropped, how much more frustrated do we become?   
     If our day has not been an amazing watercolor of events are we left fearful, anxious, or fighting back tears because our problems were not solved?  We needed a relaxing, reassuring calm voice from a loving individual.  Did we get it, or did our call get dropped?
     Take a moment to image a completely different phone call – a phone call to God.  What would He say?  It might go something like the following:

     Ring, Ring…

     “Hello my child.  I have been eagerly waiting for you to call.  Be still and know that I am with you.  Yes, I saw it all today, but I want to reassure you that I love you from the inside out.  Remember, I fashioned your heart and I know your works. 
     Rejoice in me!  Trust me!  All will eventually be well with you for I am your help and your shield. 
     No, you are never a bother.  I want you to feel free to seek me in all your times of need for I am always ready to listen and be with you through any heartache and pain.
     Have faith in me!  Don’t let your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid. 
     Please don’t feel rejected or lonely for I will not leave you comfortless.  I walk beside you every moment of every day, and I will always be with you.  In other words, I “have your back.”  There is no need for tears.  If you will focus on me, I will guide you onto whatever path you need to take.
     The earth is mine.  Be of good courage.  If you have a pure heart, you shall receive my blessing.    
     My desire is that you stay connected and don’t ever hang up the phone without joy in your heart, my child.  I loved you enough to die for you, and I am here for you twenty fours a day, seven days a week.” 

Psalm 33:15  He fashioneth their hearts alike; he considereth all their works.

Psalm 28:7  The Lord is my strength and my shield; my heart trusted in him, and I am helped: therefore my heart greatly rejoiceth; and with my song will I praise him. 

John 14:27 Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you: not as the world giveth, give I unto you.  Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid. 

John 14:18  I will not leave your comfortless: I will come to you.

Hebrews 13:5-6  Let your conversation be without covetousness; and be content with such things as ye have: for he hath said, I will never leave thee, nor forsake thee.   So that we may boldly say, The Lord is my helper, and I will not fear what man shall do unto me. 

Psalm 31:24 Be of good courage, and he shall strengthen your heart, all ye that hope in the Lord.

Psalm 24:4-5 He that hath clean hands, and a pure heart; who hath not lifted up his soul unto vanity, nor sworn deceitfully.  He shall receive the blessing from the Lord, and righteousness from the God of his salvation.  

Psalm 34:18-19  The Lord is nigh unto them that are of a broken heart; and saveth such as be of a contrite spirit.  Many are the afflictions of the righteous; but the Lord delivereth him out of them all.

No comments:

Post a Comment