Mary Crisp Jameson - copyright material







Monday, September 24, 2018

John Wayne-Day One

John Wayne Quotes- Day 1

     My all time favorite actor was John Wayne, born Marion Michael Morrison.  I believe I have watched most every movie he ever made.  In fact, I watch repeats often.  I never personally met John Wayne, but he was usually the leader and star of his shows.  I have read that even off screen he was was courageous, had true grit, dignity, and integrity.  I researched and found many enriching quotes from him.  They often make a good point.

     I  read that John Wayne once said, "Courage is being scared to death but saddling up anyway."

     What did God say about courage?  There are a host of scriptures on courage.  Most include "fear not, God is with you."   Just one example is: Deuteronomy 31:6  "Be strong and of a good courage, fear not, nor be afraid of them: for the Lord thy God, he it is that doth go with thee; he will not fail thee, nor forsake thee."

     I'll do one more quote today and see what comes tomorrow.  I read that John Wayne once said,  "A man deserves a second chance, but keep an eye on him." 

     What does God say about second chances?  There is no limit to the amount of times in Scripture God tells us to forgive.  Even in Matthew 18:21-22,  He tells us to forgive and to even give more than a second chance.  "Then came Peter to him, and said, Lord, how oft shall my brother sin against me, and I forgive him? till seven times?  Jesus saith unto him, I say not unto thee, Until seven times: but, until seventy times seven."   

     I have to admit here, that in my human weakness, I would as John Wayne said, "be keeping an eye on him," or either be so far away from him I would not have to be forgiving him.  However, although God does see what we do, he is always near, and always willing to forgive us when we ask.  What amazing Grace!

Check in tomorrow for more John Wayne quotes....

     

No comments:

Post a Comment