Mary Crisp Jameson - copyright material







Tuesday, September 25, 2018

John Wayne Quotes - Day 2

  I believe it was in the movie, In Harm's Way, John Wayne said, "All battles are fought by scared men who'd rather be somewhere else."

     How many times in Scripture were battles fought or God's commands followed by men who had rather be somewhere else?  Moses argued with God when he was told to lead the Israelites out of Egypt.  Jonah ran from God and ended up in the belly of a whale until he agreed to follow God's command.  Exodus 3:11, "And Moses said unto God, Who am I, that I should go unto Pharaoh, and that I should bring forth the children of Israel out of Egypt?"   
     There are many today who struggle with where they are being led in order to win others to Christ.  The one thing I have to remember is that if God calls me, He is prepared to help me win the battle.  Proverbs 21:31 "The horse is prepared against the day of battle: but safety is of the Lord."

     I recently saw a poster with John Wayne as the author, "Talk low, talk slow, and don't say too much."  Many of us would be better off taking his advice.  I might add to that, "Watch your words for they reveal your character."  Proverbs 15:1  "A soft answer turneth away wrath: but grievous words stir up anger."

     Just for fun, I will do one more John Wayne quote today.  "Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday."  If we are wise we will, indeed, learn from our mistakes of yesterday; we will learn from our troubles and grow stronger because of them.  2 Corinthians 12:10, "Therefore I take pleasure in infirmities, in reproaches, in necessities, in persecutions, in distresses for Christ's sake: for when I am weak, then am I strong."

More to come....









No comments:

Post a Comment