Mary Crisp Jameson - copyright material







Thursday, January 16, 2020

Gratification


     
      Galatians 5:16 "So I say, walk by the Spirit, and you will not gratify the desires of the flesh."


     It is hard to steer away from the desires of the flesh, but Jesus did it.  Many may say that He was supernatural and above the desires of the flesh.  Yet, although He was God's Son, He was born like any other child.  "But, when the time had fully come God sent His Son, born of a woman, born under the law." He grew up like any other child.  He was human, yet He did not sin as proven by many of the scriptures. 
   1 Peter 2:21-22, "...Christ also suffered for us, leaving us an example, that you should follow His steps: Who committed no sin."
   2 Corinthians 5:21, "For He made Him who knew no sin to be sin for us..
Other ways we know Jesus was human and like us are:
     He wept when a friend of His died.  John 11:35, "He wept."
     He was tired and weary.  Luke 8:23, "But as they were sailing along, He fell asleep..."
     He was tempted.  Hebrews 2:18, "For in that He Himself has suffered, being tempted, He is able to aid those who are tempted."
     He  needed food.  Mark 11: 12, "Now the next day, when they had come out from Bethany, He was hungry."

     I am so glad I have a Savior who was stronger than me, who came to earth to live as a human, who knows what it is like to be tempted as I am; yet, who provided an example I can follow to try to avoid the desire of my flesh.  I am so glad I have a Savior who knows my needs and is willing to intercede on my behalf.  I end with the words of Paul and use them often to avoid fleshly gratification.  Philippians 4:11, "Not that I speak in regard to need, for I have learned in whatever state I am, to be content."



No comments:

Post a Comment