Mary Crisp Jameson - copyright material







Friday, January 3, 2020

The Simple Gospel

     My parents loved me so much they disciplined me when I did wrong, at least most of the time.  I am sure there were a few times they carefully turned a loving eye.
     This is exactly what God does for us.  He disciplines, but other times He turns a loving eye and lets us tread where our sins take us.  Yet, God took His love for His children a huge step further.
     God actually sent His only Son to earth to teach us for a time and then to be whipped, beaten, and placed upon a cross to die in order to save His adopted earthly children.  There is no greater love! 
     All God asks in return is for us to believe and accept.  Our love should then lead us to tell others.  God laid it out and made His gospel very simple.  Anyone can do it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment