Mary Crisp Jameson - copyright material







Monday, March 2, 2020

Shine The Light

     "Is a lamp brought to be put under a basket or under a bed?" (Mark 4:21)  Here we find that Jesus is the light and He is not to be hidden:  He is to be seen and known.  We are to show His light in our lives.  However, I believe I am not only responsible to show God's light through sharing the gospel, but I am to show His light in my service to others.
     I forget, often, that in my service to others I should do it in love and not through a sense of obligation.  When I stop complaining about "what I have to do" but rather enjoy the moments spent in helping when needed, I can gain fulfillment and shine my own light.  When I get over the selfishness of "time" taken away from my own plans I can find rewards in the moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment