Mary Crisp Jameson - copyright material







Friday, March 13, 2020

Voice Recognition Trivia


 A little TRIVIA:  

    When I asked Google when the first piggy bank was invented, I got, “Western Europeans weren't the only ones making piggy banks. Indeed the first true piggy banks — terracotta banks in the shape of a pig with a slot in the top for depositing coins — were made in Java as far back as the 14th century.”
     Then I searched and found the definition of piggy bank as “a small bank provided with a slot at the top to receive small coins.”
     Since I am writing this article I suppose I can write it according to the way I want.  I believe the actual first piggy bank was created much, much earlier than the 14th century.
     I found in 2 Kings 12, when Jehoash was king of Jerusalem, in verse 9, the following: “But Jehoiada the priest took a chest, and bored a hole in the lid of it, and set it beside the altar, on the right side as one cometh into the house of the Lord: and the priests that kept the door put therein all the money that was brought into the house of the Lord.”    Hmmm, could this have been the 1st piggy bank?

My next trivia deals with voice recognition. 
     According to Wikipedia voice recognition refers to “determining who is speaking and/or determining what is being said.”   Next I found the following on when voice recognition began:  “The earliest voice recognition technologies could only comprehend digits.  Audrey system, built by Bell Labs in 1952 considered to be the first speech recognition device, recognized only ten digits spoken by a single voice.”
     This is where I dispute the creator and the date of voice recognition, as well.  Actually the very first voice recognition, in my opinion, was not created by man, and it was created at the beginning of time. 
     This is proven in Genesis when God created the heaven and the earth.  He spoke, “And let there be light…and let there be a firmament in the midst of the waters…”  Now let’s take it a step further.  In Mark 4 we find Jesus was on a boat with His disciples when “a great storm of wind came up and the waves beat into the ship”.  In verse 39 Jesus spoke again, “And He arose, and rebuked the wind, and said unto the sea, Peace, be still.  And the wind ceased, and there was a great calm.”    This is Voice Recognition!

No comments:

Post a Comment