Mary Crisp Jameson - copyright material







Tuesday, April 21, 2020

The Inward Image

     When I look in the mirror, what do I see?  Do I see a face I want to be critical of, hair I wish were different, or skin that is imperfect?  I must say, I do have a tendency to see the outward rather than the inward, yet God sees the inward. 
     Our heavenly Father wants us to reflect an intimacy with Him.  To do this I need to get to know Him just as I know myself.  He wants my reflection to characterize Him.  That comes from a heart of faith and love and a commitment to study His Word!   I am God's workmanship, and, as such, I need to reflect His ways.   I have learned through the years that when I live in such a way which shows kindness and love toward others, they see me more for what I am from the inside rather than the outward. 
   
Romans 8: 27 "And He who searches the hearts knows what the mind of the Spirit is, because He interceded for the saints according to the will of God."


     

No comments:

Post a Comment